By Rodrigo Quian Quiroga,Juan Pablo Fernández,María Kodama
Read Online or Download Borges and Memory: Encounters with the Human Brain (MIT Press) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Whilst The Grapes of Wrath used to be released in 1939, it had an explosive influence at the public, calling consciousness to the issues of migrant farm staff in the course of the nice melancholy. This casebook offers a wealthy resource of fundamental fabrics at the interval and the plight of the migrant farm employee that brings to existence the issues Steinbeck immortalized within the novel.
Antoni’s paintings is put within the context of Caribbean story-telling in 20th-century literature and modern Caribbean fiction. It displays at the nature of human attention and its dating to language, tradition and storytelling itself. packed with sharp insights into the Caribbean quarter and its historical past.
"First released in 1986, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
Comedian poetry is critical stuff, combining incongruity, satire and mental results to supply us a short victory over reason—which may well support us keep ourselves, if now not the realm. This e-book champions the literary flow of comedian poetry within the U. S. , delivering an ancient context and exploring the paintings of such writers as Denise Duhamel, Campbell McGrath, Billy Collins, Thomas Lux and Tony Hoagland.
- Contemporary Reconfigurations of American Literary Classics: The Origin and Evolution of American Stories (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- The Black Atlantic Reconsidered: Black Canadian Writing, Cultural History, and the Presence of the Past
- Juro no decir nunca la verdad (Spanish Edition)
- The African Imagination: Literature in Africa and the Black Diaspora
- Left of the Color Line: Race, Radicalism, and Twentieth-Century Literature of the United States (The John Hope Franklin Series in African American History and Culture)
- Tales of Futures Past: Anticipation and the Ends of Literature in Contemporary China
Extra info for Borges and Memory: Encounters with the Human Brain (MIT Press)