By Hilary Owen,Cláudia Pazos Alonso
Read Online or Download Antigone's Daughters?: Gender, Genealogy and the Politics of Authorship in 20th-Century Portuguese Women's Writing PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
While The Grapes of Wrath was once released in 1939, it had an explosive influence at the public, calling realization to the issues of migrant farm employees through the nice melancholy. This casebook presents a wealthy resource of basic fabrics at the interval and the plight of the migrant farm employee that brings to existence the issues Steinbeck immortalized within the novel.
Antoni’s paintings is positioned within the context of Caribbean story-telling in 20th-century literature and modern Caribbean fiction. It displays at the nature of human attention and its dating to language, tradition and storytelling itself. jam-packed with sharp insights into the Caribbean sector and its historical past.
"First released in 1986, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
Comedian poetry is severe stuff, combining incongruity, satire and mental results to supply us a short victory over reason—which may support us store ourselves, if now not the realm. This publication champions the literary flow of comedian poetry within the U. S. , supplying an ancient context and exploring the paintings of such writers as Denise Duhamel, Campbell McGrath, Billy Collins, Thomas Lux and Tony Hoagland.
- The Vital Science (Routledge Revivals): Biology and the Literary Imagination,1860-1900
- Mother & Myth in Spanish Novels: Rewriting the Matriarchal Archetype
- Abandoning Dead Metaphors: The Caribbean Phase of Derek Walcott’s Poetry
- A Sense of the World: Essays on Fiction, Narrative, and Knowledge (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
- Judgment and Justification in the Nineteenth-Century Novel of Adultery (American Popular Culture,)
- Myth (The New Critical Idiom)
Additional info for Antigone's Daughters?: Gender, Genealogy and the Politics of Authorship in 20th-Century Portuguese Women's Writing