By Dena Shenk,Lisa Groger
getting older schooling in an international Context is a gently thought of set of papers in accordance with chosen lawsuits from the 2004 organization for Gerontology in better schooling annual convention. each one forward-thinking presentation presents detailed views on educating assets and schooling, providing a wellspring of artistic rules for brand new and skilled lecturers in gerontology and getting older schooling. revered educators current state of the art recommendations and potent innovations in gerontology curriculum improvement and cross-cultural views for advancing gerontology as a box of analysis.
Over the subsequent 20 years, the world's getting older inhabitants increases dramatically, requiring elevated awareness to worldwide getting older matters. to arrange gerontologists all over the world for destiny demanding situations, getting older schooling in a world Context offers educators with clean viewpoints and useful details on which to base the newest educating suggestions. each one presentation offers a mess of helpful principles excellent for incorporating into getting older schooling curriculums, equivalent to the way to use movies and literature for instructing approximately getting older, how one can enfold worldwide views into getting older classes, and the way to prevent cross-cultural misunderstandings while instructing gerontology in a bunch state. This beneficial source is greatly referenced.
Aging schooling in a world Context examines getting older schooling, matters, and ageism subject matters such as:
- the implications of globalization for older people
- a path layout incorporating cross-cultural, anthropological techniques to realizing aging
- an method of educate approximately dying and loss of life throughout the cross-cultural standpoint of varied spiritual faiths
- a research of fourteen overseas motion pictures that gives gerontologists with versions of winning getting older to cross on in coursework
- instructing cross-cultural getting older utilizing Chilean literary portrayals of elders
- the evolution and current country of gerontology schooling in Japan
- gerontology examine and cooperative schooling in Kenya
- instructing approximately community-based long term care in China
Aging schooling in a world Context provides a wealth of latest rules for all gerontology educators and educators addressing cross-cultural getting older matters inside of discipline-based classes in sociology, social paintings, anthropology, public coverage, and psychology.
Read Online or Download Aging Education in a Global Context (Gerontology and Geriatrics) PDF
Best gerontology books
This thought-provoking paintings grapples with the significant diversity of matters linked to the getting older inhabitants and demanding situations humans of every age to imagine extra boldly and extra creatively concerning the courting among older americans and their groups. W. Andrew Achenbaum starts off by way of exploring the demographics of our getting older society and its impression on employment and markets, schooling, wellbeing and fitness care, faith, and political motion.
A range of complaints from the 2004 organization for Gerontology in better schooling annual convention getting older schooling in a world Context is a gently thought of set of papers in response to chosen court cases from the 2004 organization for Gerontology in larger schooling annual convention. each one forward-thinking presentation offers distinct views on educating assets and schooling, featuring a wellspring of inventive principles for brand new and skilled lecturers in gerontology and getting older schooling.
This number of readings provides various views on growing older from diverse groups around the usa: local American, Puerto Rican, African American, the aged homeless, white operating category, homosexual and Mexican among many others. The readings disguise subject matters reminiscent of: existence path; social and mental contexts of getting older; paid and unpaid job; the yankee family members; and healthiness.
Mega-trends of contemporary tradition, the swift getting older of the inhabitants and the inexorable advances in know-how, have fueled the improvement of gerontechnology--the use oftechnology to maintain person autonomy to a sophisticated age. This expansive bookencompasses state of the art learn in gerontechnology and promising new technologies,products, and providers which could increase actions of day-by-day dwelling, common health and wellbeing, and wellbeingof older participants.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans* Individuals Living with Dementia: Concepts, Practice and Rights (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- Simone de Beauvoir’s Philosophy of Age: Gender, Ethics, and Time
- Home Equity and Ageing Owners: Between Risk and Regulation
- Grey Matters: A Guide for Collaborative Research with Seniors
- White Saris and Sweet Mangoes: Aging, Gender, and Body in North India
- Music of the Soul: Composing Life Out of Loss (Series in Death, Dying, and Bereavement)
Additional info for Aging Education in a Global Context (Gerontology and Geriatrics)