By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical features of human improvement, targeting cognitive, ethical, and spiritual religion development
- examines occasions and problems of specific predicament to older people and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies learn findings to the matter of assembly the non secular and psychological well-being wishes of elders with continual or acute healthiness problems
- presents an in-depth examine end-of-life concerns comparable to physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this ebook informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, clinic directors, and group clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It provides psychological overall healthiness pros new ideas to assist increase the later years of older adults, and makes an outstanding textual content for classes on faith, psychological wellbeing and fitness, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God stress-free and encouraging as they try and grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Best gerontology books
This thought-provoking paintings grapples with the titanic diversity of matters linked to the getting older inhabitants and demanding situations humans of every age to imagine extra boldly and extra creatively in regards to the courting among older americans and their groups. W. Andrew Achenbaum starts off by way of exploring the demographics of our getting older society and its impression on employment and markets, schooling, overall healthiness care, faith, and political motion.
A variety of complaints from the 2004 organization for Gerontology in larger schooling annual convention getting older schooling in a world Context is a delicately thought of set of papers in keeping with chosen lawsuits from the 2004 organization for Gerontology in better schooling annual convention. every one forward-thinking presentation offers specific views on instructing assets and schooling, offering a wellspring of inventive rules for brand spanking new and skilled lecturers in gerontology and getting older schooling.
This choice of readings offers various views on growing older from various groups around the usa: local American, Puerto Rican, African American, the aged homeless, white operating classification, homosexual and Mexican among many others. The readings conceal themes similar to: existence direction; social and mental contexts of growing old; paid and unpaid job; the yankee kin; and well-being.
Mega-trends of contemporary tradition, the speedy getting older of the inhabitants and the inexorable advances in know-how, have fueled the advance of gerontechnology--the use oftechnology to maintain person autonomy to a sophisticated age. This expansive bookencompasses state of the art study in gerontechnology and promising new technologies,products, and prone which could increase actions of day-by-day residing, common future health, and wellbeingof older participants.
- New Dynamics in Old Age: Individual, Environmental and Societal Perspectives (Society and Aging)
- Nursing Home Administration, Sixth Edition
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Ageing: Biographical Approaches for Inclusive Care and Support
- Spirituality of Later Life: On Humor and Despair
- A Hands-on Approach to Teaching about Aging: 32 Activities for the Classroom and Beyond
- The Growing Gap in Life Expectancy by Income: Implications for Federal Programs and Policy Responses
Extra resources for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years