By Jordan I. Kosberg
- intimate associate abuse perpetrated opposed to older males
- sexual abuse of older males in nursing houses
- the impression of gender at the reporting of elder abuse
- neglectful elements of osteoporosis in older males
- earlier relationships that elevate the danger of the forget of older fathers
- information debts that repost the frequency and kinds of abuse opposed to males
- picking out and treating sufferers
- societal forces that have an effect on older men’s danger of mistreatment
- concepts for structuring companies to raised meet victim’s wishes
- the social development of manhood as a major think about knowing the abuse of older men
Abuse of Older Men presents an important info practitioners, educators, researchers, and scholars in social paintings, nursing, medication, legislations, gerontology, grownup protecting companies, felony justice, sociology, psychology, family violence, counseling, ethics, public coverage, and getting older networks.
Read Online or Download Abuse of Older Men PDF
Similar gerontology books
This thought-provoking paintings grapples with the significant variety of concerns linked to the getting older inhabitants and demanding situations humans of every age to imagine extra boldly and extra creatively concerning the courting among older americans and their groups. W. Andrew Achenbaum starts by means of exploring the demographics of our getting older society and its impact on employment and markets, schooling, health and wellbeing care, faith, and political motion.
A range of court cases from the 2004 organization for Gerontology in greater schooling annual convention getting older schooling in a world Context is a gently thought of set of papers in accordance with chosen lawsuits from the 2004 organization for Gerontology in larger schooling annual convention. every one forward-thinking presentation presents distinctive views on educating assets and schooling, offering a wellspring of inventive principles for brand spanking new and skilled academics in gerontology and getting older schooling.
This choice of readings offers a number of views on getting old from diverse groups around the usa: local American, Puerto Rican, African American, the aged homeless, white operating category, homosexual and Mexican among many others. The readings conceal subject matters comparable to: lifestyles path; social and mental contexts of growing older; paid and unpaid job; the yankee relatives; and future health.
Mega-trends of contemporary tradition, the swift getting older of the inhabitants and the inexorable advances in know-how, have fueled the advance of gerontechnology--the use oftechnology to maintain person autonomy to a sophisticated age. This expansive bookencompasses cutting-edge study in gerontechnology and promising new technologies,products, and prone which may enhance actions of day-by-day residing, common overall healthiness, and wellbeingof older contributors.
- It's in Your DNA: From Discovery to Structure, Function and Role in Evolution, Cancer and Aging
- Growing Older: Perspectives on LGBT Aging
- Sterben und Tod im Alter. Alterssuizidalität als sozial abweichendes Verhalten in der Soziologie (German Edition)
- Los placeres de la edad (Spanish Edition)
- Nursing Home Federal Requirements: Guidelines to Surveyors and Survey Protocols, Fifth Edition
Additional info for Abuse of Older Men