By Laura K. McClure
- The so much modern scholarship on Euripides and his oeuvre, that includes the newest texts and commentaries
- Leading students within the box talk about all of Euripides’ performs and their afterlife with breadth and depth
- A devoted part specializes in the reception of Euripidean drama because the Hellenistic
- Original and provocative interpretations of Euripides and his performs forge vital paths of in destiny scholarship
Read or Download A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
This valuable consultant through Todd F. Davis and Kenneth Womack deals an available advent to 2 vital hobbies within the historical past of twentieth-century literary concept. A complementary textual content to the Palgrave quantity Postmodern Narrative thought via Mark Currie, this new name addresses a bunch of theoretical issues, in addition to every one field's important figures and interpretive modes.
Philip Roth is largely said as one of many 20th century's so much prolific and acclaimed writers. Roth's first novel, so long, Columbus (1959), acquired the nationwide booklet Award, and he this beautiful debut with greater than thirty books -- incomes one other nationwide e-book Award, nationwide publication Critics Circle awards, 3 PEN/Faulkner Awards, and the Pulitzer Prize.
Electronic Humanities is speedily evolving as an important procedure to/method of educating, studying and learn around the humanities. it is a first-stop publication for individuals attracted to attending to grips with electronic humanities even if as a scholar or a professor. The booklet bargains a pragmatic consultant to the world in addition to delivering mirrored image at the major goals and methods, including:Accessible introductions of the fundamentals of electronic Humanities via to extra advanced ideasA wide variety of subject matters from feminist electronic Humanities, electronic magazine publishing, gaming, textual content encoding, venture administration and pedagogyContextualised case studiesResources for beginning electronic Humanities akin to hyperlinks, education fabrics and exercisesDoing electronic Humanities appears to be like on the practicalities of the way electronic learn and construction can improve either studying and examine and provides an approachable manner into this complicated, but crucial subject.
In keeping with conventional money owed, the heritage of tragedy is itself tragic: following a brilliant start in fifth-century Athens and an excellent resurgence within the early glossy interval, tragic drama then falls right into a marked decline. whereas disputing the idea that tragedy has died, this wide-ranging examine argues that it faces an exceptional problem nowa days from an unforeseen zone: political economic system.
- A.S. Byatt (New British Fiction)
- Everyday Stories: The Literary Agenda
- Moby-Dick and Melville’s Anti-Slavery Allegory (American Literature Readings in the 21st Century)
- The Brontës in the World of the Arts (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- From Paris to Tlön: Surrealism as World Literature (Literatures as World Literature)
- Great War Of 1890 Ssf V1: Future War Novels of the 1890s: Volume 6 (Sources of Science Fiction, Future War Novels of the 1890s, 1)
Extra resources for A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)