By Russell Blackford
- An available but scholarly observation on hot-button concerns within the debate over spiritual belief
- Teaches severe pondering talents via particular, rational argument
- Objectively considers every one fable on its merits
- Includes a heritage of atheism and its advocates, an appendix detailing atheist enterprises, and an intensive bibliography
- Explains the variations among atheism and similar ideas reminiscent of agnosticism and naturalism
Read or Download 50 Great Myths About Atheism PDF
Best religious philosophy books
Jihad, with its many terrifying institutions, is a time period ordinary this present day, even though its that means is poorly grasped. Few humans comprehend the conditions requiring a jihad, or "holy" battle, or how Islamic militants justify their violent activities in the framework of the non secular culture of Islam. How Islam, with multiple billion fans, translates jihad and establishes its precepts has turn into a severe factor for either the Muslim and the non-Muslim international.
Nielsen deals a discussion with Foucault, Frederick Douglass, Frantz Fanon and the Augustinian-Franciscan culture, investigating the relation among social building and freedom and featuring an traditionally pleasant, ethically delicate, and religico-philosophical version for person and lifestyles in a shared pluralistic international.
Whereas the dominant ways to the present examine of political philosophy are quite a few, with a few friendlier to non secular trust than others, just about all position constraints at the philosophic and political position of revelation. Mainstream secular political theorists don't completely fail to remember faith. yet to the level that they watch out, their therapy of spiritual trust is obvious extra as a political or philosophic challenge to be addressed instead of as a good physique of notion from which we'd derive very important insights concerning the nature of politics and the reality of the human situation.
This ebook explores non secular epiphanies during which there's the looks of God, a god or a goddess, or a manifestation of the divine or non secular truth as bought in human adventure. Drawing upon the scriptures of assorted traditions, ancillary non secular writings, mental and anthropological experiences, in addition to reviews of epiphanic studies, the publication provides and examines epiphanies as they've got happened throughout international non secular traditions and cultures, traditionally and as much as the current day.
- Methexiology: Philosophical Theology and Theological Philosophy for the Deification of Humanity
- The Theological Origins of Liberalism
- Culture Counts: Faith and Feeling in a World Besieged (Brief Encounters)
- Words of God or Words of Men?
- Berufen, den Menschen zu dienen: Wie Gott uns im Herzen der Ebola-Epidemie bewahrte (German Edition)
- Divine Power and Evil: A Reply to Process Theodicy (Routledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
Additional resources for 50 Great Myths About Atheism